Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Survivor

Well many of us did not expect the freak storm that almost destroyed part of Melbourne last Saturday.

I didn't see it coming. Although I knew that it was going to rain, but I never expected the hail.

After all, earlier it was almost 30 degrees.

Thankfully and luckily none of my friends were injured. It was amazing that in just 18minutes, a storm could wipe out almost the entire city.

The roads were flooded and the sidewalks were filled with leaves and gunk. And some lanes were filled with ice cubes from the hail storm earlier.

Parents with their children fled to higher grounds to avoid the flood. Some abandoned their cars. The Moomba festival which I was supposed to go to had to be shut down and thankfully nothing serious happened over there as it was a day for family outings.

Oh well, once again we witness the act of God. Many were imagining the predictions of the so called 2012 events, but let me say this, I don't think that will happen.

till then,

timcvm

0 comments:

Post a Comment