Thursday, January 28, 2010

Manchester United 3 - 1 Manchester City

A week ago, I barely could drag myself out of bed to watch this match.

United were away and had a disappointing run of games and truthfully I had a bad feeling about it.

The end of the day, City won 2-1 and it was marked with controversy as Gary Neville decided he should show Tevez what little respect he has left for the player.

Over the weekend and seen in my post here,

I was confident that United will come back stronger and stop their local rivals from getting through to the next round and go on trophy-less for 34 years and counting.

It was a tough night for me. I am still nursing a swollen jaw which was the after effects from Tuesday's surgery. Clearly it disrupted my 'sleep early wake up early and enjoy the game' plan. But no matter I still caught the match.

The first half ended with a stale mate as both teams tried and failed to hit one into the back of the net. Although United were pushing up more and creating more chances, City had the best chance, but if it wasn't for the reliable Van Der Sar. I wonder whether I would be writing this post now.

United started off the second half strongly. Displaying their hunger for the ball as they closed City down. Cheers to the midfield combo of Fletcher, Scholes and Carrick who broke down the advances of the City attack. One could have felt that a goal wasn't too far away, as United pressed on. True enough in the 52nd minute, little Paul Scholes produced another of his thunderbolt strikes that left Shay Given powerless. It was fantastic. When Carrick added another thanks to a superb move by Fletcher, I was already jumping up and down not even feeling the soreness in my lower jaw.

Of course, United as always loves to do it the hard way, and thus some sloppy passing led to a City break that ended up with a goal which to me was pretty good. But at the end of the day, the boy that scored 4 goals during the weekend, popped up with a sweet third goal for United with ONE minute remaining that makes us winners with a 4-3 aggregate.


Watching the replay was sweet. But the look on Tevez's face when Rooney scored was priceless.

proud and satisfied,

Glory Glory Man United,

timcvm

0 comments:

Post a Comment